Dan Biddle, Ph.D. and Stacy L. Bell-Pilchard, M.S. recently published Testing in the Fire Service Industry: A Handbook for Developing Balanced and Defensible Assessments. It provides steps that will help ensure that your public safety selection procedures are developed in a fair and valid manner. In addition, the authors give step-by-step guidelines on how to complete a defensible validation study using court-endorsed methodologies.
Book features include:
- Up-to-date information on EEO testing in the fire service industry
- Identification of testing issues that will likely trigger a lawsuit
- Steps on validating tests using content and criterion-related validity
- Results from a national study which reveal the key competencies that should be measured to identify successful firefighter candidates
- Appropriate uses of test results
- Detailed description of validating a physical ability test for candidates and incumbents
- Checklists to use for evaluating the validity of pre-employment and promotional selection assessments
Visit http://fpsi.com/fire-service-testing-book.html to purchase Testing in the Fire Service Industry: A Handbook for Developing Balanced and Defensible Assessments by Dan A. Biddle, Ph.D. and Stacy L. Bell-Pilchard. ISBN: 978-0-7414-7349-3
About the Authors:
Daniel A. Biddle, Ph.D. Dan is the CEO of Fire & Police Selection, Inc. (FPSI), a firm dedicated to providing fair and defensible testing solutions to the protective services industry. Dan is also the CEO of Biddle Consulting Group, Inc., (BCG), a consulting firm specializing in the areas of test development and validation, Equal Employment Opportunity compliance, and Human Resource software development. Dan has over 20 years of experience in the EEO analysis and test validation fields.
Stacy L. Bell-Pilchard, M.S. Stacy is the Executive Vice President of Fire & Police Selection, Inc. (FPSI). Stacy has a Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and 15 years of experience in the field. She is an expert at developing and validating tests and measures for pre-employment and promotional processes with the protective services industry and is the project manager of all test development and validation studies conducted at FPSI.
Contact information for Fire & Police Selection, Inc.:
Fire & Police Selection, Inc.
193 Blue Ravine, Suite 270
Folsom, CA 95630