Public-Safety Dispatcher / Calltaker Applicants
Have you always wanted a career in public-safety? Do you like to help people and think the dispatch industry is right for you? Do you need a career change and becoming a public-safety dispatcher is calling your name?
While CritiCall is a software program used by agencies to test applicants before they are hired, we do not offer a software solution catered specifically to job applicants. For training and industry information, we recommend you investigate the websites of the
Leading Industry Associations:
- APCO International – Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials
- NAED – National Academies of Emergency Dispatch
- NENA – National Emergency Number Association
- The Academy – South Bay Regional Public-Safety Training Consortium
- NECI – National Emergency Communications Institute
CritiCall Candidate Resources:
- CritiCall Candidate Test Preparation Guide (PDF)
- CritiCall and the Dispatcher Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Dispatcher applicants can download a free typing test off of OPAC.com to practice keyboarding speed and accuracy.
- Data Entry Practice Test created by Karen Freeman-Smith *Note: This tool was created by dispatcher applicant Karen Freeman-Smith for her personal use and as a resource for her blog readers. CritiCall 911 or Biddle Consulting Group did not participate in its development.
- 911 Dispatcher Education and Career Information *Note: This website link has been provided as a resource for dispatcher job applicants and is independent of CritiCall and Biddle Consulting Group, Inc., altogether.
- 911 Dispatcher Orientation Video by Gateway Technical College